But first, what is Enterprise Asset Management? Good question. There’s always the Wikipedia definition, and then there’s our perspective given what we’re hearing from our customers and prospects.
From where we sit, there’s a lot of buzz in the market about EAM, which is logical given the economic conditions we have just experienced. Organizations today, more than ever, want to control costs and fully understand the economics of their capital assets. EAM solutions do exactly that: help companies monitor and maintain their assets during their useful life. This includes functional areas like capital planning, budgeting, constructing, servicing and maintaining these assets.
Combined with strong financials, project, and supplier/supply chain management, EAM is a powerful approach to an organization’s capital infrastructure management strategy. And it’s being considered more than ever by companies in asset-intensive industries (manufacturing, hospitals, utilities, real estate and complex IT shops).
On March 9-10, 2010, in Redwood Shores, CA, Oracle is hosting its 4th Annual Customer Maintenance Summit. In particular, for anyone interested in PeopleSoft’s EAM solution suite, this show is 2010’s best venue to meet with other Oracle maintenance practitioners. There will be a plethora of best-practices information shared among attendees, and you’ll have a prime opportunity to provide product-specific feedback to Oracle.
“Oracle recognizes the maintenance community with an event specifically designed for them. All three EAM software packages were represented, with users presenting applications in a variety of industries. It was a ‘no spin’ zone, with project leaders framing their company, business issues, architecture, and results while also discussing the lessons learned. This was a refreshing and very credible approach.” — ARC Advisory Services on Last Year’s Summit
The agenda for the event has just been released, and here’s what it looks like:
- Ralph Rio ARC Advisory Services “Asset Management Directions”
- Bill Polk Gartner/AMR “Advantages of ERP for EAM”
- Smarter eAM with OBI-EE Barrick Gold
- Multi-Org, Multi-Site, Multi-Planet: Customer Panel with Simmons Foods, Alcoa & Jet Propulsion Lab
- Keeping EAM on the ERP Radar: Customer Panel with Corrugated Services, Charter Steel, Accellent & Hercules Offshore
- Powering Up with R12 Sunflower Electric
- Expediting Point System Replacement with Mobile Enterprise Products
- Digging for Implementation Lessons Bridger Coal
- From Point Solution to PeopleSoft: Practical & Cultural Issues East Kentucky Power
- Benchmarking Your Project Drummond Co & Kansas City Board of Public Utilities
- From Resistance to Respect: Winning Over Maintenance Deloitte
- Driving Capital Program & Facilities Management Success MiPro
- All New! PeopleTools Capabilities Oracle
- 9.1 EAM Demonstration
- JDE Strategy Lyle Ekdahl Oracle Group Vice President
- EAMgreen: LEEDing you through Asset Management Orlando Utilities Commission
- Engaging the Team: Increasing User Adoption and Integrating Contractors Canadian Natural Resources Ltd
- Advanced Resource Scheduling Prairie Mines
- Practical Solutions for Real Life Problems Baxter Healthcare
- 9.0 CAM Demonstration
Of course, there will be more. Oracle’s engineering team will present the future product roadmap. EAM partners (including us!) will be present at the reception and session breaks to answer questions and share information. There will be customer forums.
It’s just a fantastic venue for any organization interested in Oracle/PeopleSoft EAM. Summit attendance is complimentary for Oracle customers.
If you’re interested in attending, there is still some space, but you have to hurry. Contact Oracle’s Dave Loesch [email link] by February 20, 2010 to confirm your spot. Dave will also be able to answer any questions you might have.
Hope you can make it. We’d love to sit down and talk to you about your maintenance plans.
Other EAM posts that may be of interest:
- Interview With Dave Loesch, Oracle’s Sr. Director of EAM (Part 1)
- Interview With Dave Loesch, Oracle’s Sr. Director of EAM (Part 2)
- The Value of Integration with PeopleSoft Maintenance Management: A Real Life Example
- Quick Look: PeopleSoft Asset Lifecycle Management 9.1 Enhancements
- Ditch Your Spreadsheets! Why PeopleSoft Retail and Hospitality Industry Customers Have an Opportunity Right Now
- The Value of Integration for PeopleSoft Customers in Asset-Intensive Industries
- PeopleSoft Maintenance Management: a deeper look
- An introduction to PeopleSoft Asset Lifecycle Management (ALM)