Delivered in FSCM PUM Image 35 is the ability to associate multiple, related Service Requests to a single Work Order. When the Work Order is complete, the status of all associated Service Requests is automatically updated to ‘Completed’.
Enter the normal information for a Service Request. Choose the Asset. If the Asset is already associated with another Work Order, you will have the ability to associate this Service Request to one of the Work Orders as well. By following the hyperlink, you can see which Work Orders have been initiated for that Asset.
Once you save the Service Request, you can create a Work Order or associate it to a Work Order. This button only appears when:
- The Service Request status is either new or in progress.
- The Work Order ID is unpopulated.
- One or more open Work Orders exist for the target Asset.
- The Request Type problem tree and Target Asset ID have been specified.
Once you select “Associate to Existing WO,” a pop up window will bring up the available Work Orders.
Once a Work Order is selected, you can check add a new task to pull in the Service Request. Then click “Associate.”
The user can then choose to “Unassociate WO.”
This button only appears when:
- The Service Request is associated with an Existing Work Order.
- The Service Request is an additional request or secondary to the primary request.
- The Work Order must have a status other than ‘Completed’ or ‘Canceled.’
When the Work Order is completed, all associated Service Requests will have their status updated to “Completed.”
If you would like any additional information on this functionality, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.