Quarterly PeopleSoft New Features Update
Did you know there were 85 new features and functionality delivered in HCM Images 29 and 30? To view a complete list of the key features delivered, the module, the image delivered and the minimum PeopleTools version click on the links listed below:
The enhancements were across modules with Core HR, Payroll North America, Absence Management and Time and Labor with the most enhancements overall. Thirty-three of the 85 enhancements involved the usage of Fluid (inclusive of drop zone enablement). Fifty enhancements related to adding drop zone capabilities in fluid pages. If you have not embraced Fluid yet, your organization should be at a minimum developing a strategy to adopt it. Some of the key fluid enhancements in these images include:
- Added the Delegation functionality for Fluid Absence Self Service.
- Added the Fluid Benefits Confirmation Statements feature, which allows employees to view their benefits statement data online and optionally create a PDF to save or print.
- Enhanced the Activity Guide Composer feature to support single component in fluid. This feature provides additional configuration and validation at the activity guide composer category level to ensure that users define steps from a single fluid component.
- Enhanced Position Management in fluid to provide better user experience. New functionality includes effective sequencing of data, attachment support, summary of changes made by user, and Fluid Approvals for creating and managing positions.
- Delivered Fluid Approvals for creating and managing positions in Fluid Position Management.
- Delivered Fluid Self-Service W-2c Accessibility View forms in Small Form Factor mode in PeopleSoft Payroll for North America.
- Enhanced the Fluid Time Reporting to support Auto approval for Managers.
There were also 22 new features and functionality delivered in FSCM Image 31, impacting the Financial and Supply Chain Modules. Five of the 22 new features included Fluid enhancements.
Some of the key enhancements include:
- Enhanced the Create Requisitions using the Fluid User Interface feature to include more features that are available in Classic. Fluid features include: adding items to Templates; creating Fixed Cost, Variable Cost, and Time and Materials services; viewing items in a list or tile view, and so on. You can also view change requests and change tracking history using Fluid.
- Added a Fluid tile so that Asset Coordinators and Asset Managers can submit custodial asset transfers and asset retire requests for approval and further processing.
- Enhanced Grants proposal approvals to use the Approval Workflow Engine (AWE). It is available from the Fluid Approvals tile.
- Enhanced the Supplier Change Request feature to allow Suppliers to remove address or contact information while submitting a Supplier Change Request.
In addition, MIPRO has written several blogs during the time between the last image updates. Here are a few examples that can be found on our blog: