On April 8, 2021, Oracle made PeopleTools 8.59 generally available for all PeopleSoft customers to run on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI). David Bain’s blog details new information about the release of PeopleTools 8.59.
In our prior blog, we noted a few of the new features that would be included in the release including:
- Fluid homepage redesigns
- Additional published tiles to personalized homepages
- Activity guide questionnaire improvements
- Activity guide step level controls
- Search-based navigation
- Notification framework enhancements
- Pivot Grid enhancements.
Here are few highlights from the release notes:
PeopleTools 8.59 provides enhancements to Fluid homepages that make the PeopleSoft system easier to use. You can quickly find and navigate to the data and transactions that are most important to you. These enhancements are listed below.
- The Global Search bar appears in the center of the banner at the top of the homepage.
- The homepage now includes a quick access bar on the left, which provides one-click access to your favorites and most recently visited items.
- Your notifications are now displayed directly on the homepage by default in the new Notifications panel.
- You can use either the homepage selector on the left or the next and previous buttons of the new homepage navigator on the right to navigate between your homepages. Global Search Bar Global search enhancements in PeopleTools 8.59 provide you with the tools and data necessary to allow search to be the primary method of navigating in your PeopleSoft systems.
PeopleTools 8.59 delivers activity guide enhancements that:
- Enable you to specify default answers for questionnaire questions in activity guide templates.
- Specify three new custom actions in activity guide templates: grant, notify, and overview.
- Include a new search definition type that enables you to index activity guide instance and other data allowing you to create analytics and visualizations in Kibana.
With PeopleTools 8.59, you can integrate external data with your PeopleSoft data. Search Framework provides the mechanism for the integration using a new External Data source type to create a search definition. Use Logstash to collect and ingest data, and Elasticsearch to index data, which can be used in PeopleSoft for varied purposes, such as search, analytics, supplemental data for PeopleSoft data, and so on.
Pivot Grid enhancements include:
- Exporting filtered data as PDF.
- Applying multiple filters at once in Fluid mode.
- Support for block and gradient representation in charts.
- Ability to change chart colors at an organizational level.
- Ability to display values on charts.
- Ability to retain filter after navigating using a URL or Related Action.
If you would like more information on the release of PeopleTools 8.59, please reach out to me at email@example.com.