In the recent PeopleSoft Talk, PeopleSoft Investment Strategy, published on November 30, Marc Weintraub and Paco Aubrejan sit down for an informative Q & A about the PeopleSoft product, including Fluid User Interface and Selective Adoption.
Here are the key messages that were delivered:
- Oracle is still as committed to PeopleSoft as they were in the beginning.
- Investment in the PeopleSoft product is at a very high level.
- Oracle is continuing to innovate across the spectrum of the PS product, from user interface to provisioning and architectural level.
The 19 minute interview provides a wealth of information about the recent changes in the overall philosophy surrounding PeopleSoft. Here are just a few:
- Selective Adoption is a fundamental model change that also requires a fundamental shift in how organizations think. The IT department and business owners/users will be working together to select features that drive the business.
- Oracle’s response to the customers’ demand for a user interface that is simple, intuitive, modern and mobile, including the “mobile first” approach going forward.
- After a customer is on 9.2, no more costly upgrades.
- The need for customizations are reduced because of the increased configurability.
- Simplified analytics: Users can write reports without the involvement from IT thereby reducing IT costs and increasing user engagement.
Take the time to watch the short video; you will not be disappointed. And in the words of Paco Aubrejan, “It is an exciting time to be part of the PeopleSoft ecosystem.”
If you have any questions regarding PeopleSoft please reach out to us by emailing Larry Zagata. We look forward to hearing from you.